What is Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality (or IAQ) refers to the quality of air within and surrounding a building, such as your house. IAQ plays a direct role in the health and well-being of your family as it affects general comfort, reduces productivity and has even been linked to Sick Building Syndrome. Poor indoor air quality can be caused by a number of different factors, including:
- Cigarette smoke
- High humidity
- Ultra-fine particles like pet dander and pollen
- Poor ventilation
Air quality is measured on an index from 0-500; the higher the rating, the more contaminants that are in the air. A healthy home should score between 0-51, but, on average, the outside air quality ranges daily between 80-100. While your existing HVAC system removes some contaminants from your air inside, without an air purification system, you’re still inhaling most of those same pollutants.
Indoor Air Quality Installation in Fresno
At Lee’s Air, we are dedicated to keeping your family safe and healthy. If you are concerned about the IAQ of your Fresno area home, our team of friendly professionals can help you identify the right IAQ system for you and install it in your home. With an indoor air quality system, you can protect you and your family from harmful air pollutants and reduce allergy and asthma symptoms. Give us a call to get started.
What Indoor Air Purification System Should I Buy?
Lee’s Air carries a variety of high-quality indoor air quality products. Read through the list to get an idea of what’s right for you, or give us a call to set up a consultation with an indoor air quality expert.
- REME Halo Duct Air Purifier – This air purification system produces ionized hydrogen peroxide molecules that are distributed across every cubic inch of your home. The molecules breakdown and destroy air contaminants like viruses and bacteria on the spot.
- IQ Air Perfection 16 – This filter is installed in the ductwork of your home so as to take advantage of the airflow that already exists in your home. This system promises hospital-grade air purification and is the only system on the market to have a perfect MERV rating.
- Ultra Violet Lights – Ultra violet (or UV) lights are a frequency of light capable of reducing the microbe population in your home’s air. UV lights breakdown the cell walls of microbes so they are unable to reproduce, thus neutralizing them.
What are the Benefits of Indoor Air Quality Systems
Indoor air quality is an important factor of your health and happiness in your home. Here are some of the main benefits of indoor air quality installation:
- Reduce Allergy Symptoms – The sneezing, itching and coughing that comes with seasonal and chronic allergies are inconvenient, to say the least. An air purification system that removes the triggers for allergies like pollen, pet dander and mold spores can significantly reduce or even eliminate the amount of time you spend suffering from allergies.
- Reduced Odors – Air purification systems break down the organic materials in the air that can cause foul odors in your home.
- Sleep Better – When you can breathe better, you can sleep better. Respiratory irritation can make it more difficult to sleep, but with clean air, you’ll be getting your full 8 hours.
- Benefits for Persons with Asthma and other Upper-Respiratory Conditions – If you or a family member suffers from asthma or a related upper-respiratory condition, an air purification system can lead to a healthier, more comfortable lifestyle.
Whatever your reason is for wanting to improve your indoor air quality, be sure to set your consultation with the IAQ experts at Lee’s Air.