(559) 825-9340 Request Service

Carbon Monoxide Symptoms in Your House

June 13, 2018 | Blog

Carbon monoxide leaks are extremely dangerous and very difficult to find until it is too late. Carbon monoxide is an invisible, poisonous gas with no smell and no taste. Carbon monoxide leaks are difficult to identify, so here are some ways you can recognize and prevent carbon monoxide leaks.

Carbon monoxide symptoms in your house

Carbon monoxide leaks originate from gas-powered appliances in your home. For example, some water heaters and HVAC systems run on natural gas. It is important to make sure your gas-powered appliances are properly maintained. If you think your gas-powered appliances are in need of an inspection or tune-up, consider calling Lee’s Air and Plumbing to help you out. If you suspect a gas leak, get out of your home immediately and call the fire department.

How to tell if you are experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning

Though carbon monoxide is invisible, you will experience physical reactions if you are breathing in too much carbon monoxide. Some of the side effects of carbon monoxide poisoning include tiredness, confusion, shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness, and lethargy.

Everyone can be affected by carbon monoxide poisoning, but it can be even more harmful to young children, the elderly, people with pre-existing conditions and expecting mothers. If you feel any of the side effects of carbon monoxide poisoning, seek medical attention immediately.

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Leaks

You can prevent carbon monoxide leaks in your home by doing a few simple things. For starters, you can install a carbon monoxide detector. If the sensor detects too much carbon monoxide in the air, it should go off just like a smoke detector.

Even though we’re in California, winters can get pretty cold. If you heat up your car before your morning commute, remember to have the garage door open, or to take your car outside. Likewise, if you use your fireplace in the winter, make sure all vents are open and in working order.

As stated above, having your gas-powered appliances regularly maintained is one of the most important steps in preventing carbon monoxide leaks. Keeping your appliances in good working order can save you money and can potentially save your life.

Are you finding symptoms of carbon monoxide in your home? Schedule an appointment with Lee’s Air today for a free consultation!

Why Choose Us?

Discover the Lee's Air difference.

BBB Accredited Business
We're committed to being a business our customers can trust!
Award Winning Service
A+ on BBB, Elite Service Award on HomeAdvisor, & more!
Professional Staff
Reliable, trustworthy, knowledgable and committed
Let us help you take the stress out of home maintenance.

What Our Customers Say

Vikki H.

Knowledgeable and Competent

Michael McGowan was a knowledgeable and competent technician in fixing our furnace. We would definitely request him again if service is needed. Lee’s has provided maintenance for our AC and furnace the last few years and we are always more than satisfied.

Leslie W.

Excellent Customer Service

Lee’s Air is professional, knowledgeable, and provides excellent customer service. They arrive on time, patiently address all questions, and go the extra mile to maintain customer satisfaction. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for quality and professionalism in a business choice.