What Is A Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless water heaters are water heaters that, rather than retaining water internally, heat water as it travels through the heat exchanger coil so that it is immediately available to flow through the device. As the name suggests, tankless water heaters do not have a bulky tank that takes up valuable space in your home. Instead, they have a small unit with a sleek, compact design that saves space and has a modern look.
Why Should I Get A Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless water heaters are a great addition to any home, and here’s why:
- Save time and water: because the water is being heated up as it reaches the outlet device, you eliminate standby losses (water that you would ordinarily lose by running the water while you wait for it to heat up).
- Save Energy: Tankless water heaters use less energy to heat the water and the amount of water lost as it heats up is reduced, so you can likely expect to see a reduction in your utility usage and bill.
- Never Run Out of Hot Water: Another great feature of a tankless water heater is the limitless hot water you will get – no more running out of hot water in the middle of your shower!
- Space Saver: Tankless water heaters are much smaller than standard water heaters and therefore are much easier to store.
- Longer Lifespan: If properly maintained, a tankless water heater can last 20 to 25 years! Compare that to a traditional water heater that typically only lasts 10 to 15 years.
Tankless Water Heaters from Lee’s
Lee’s is proud to offer high-quality Navien tankless water heaters to Fresno area residents, but we also service and repair any make and model of existing water heaters, tank or no tank. Just like your AC system, your water heater should receive regular maintenance but could require servicing less frequently if you have a water softener. If you have hard water, you should expect to need to flush the line at least once a year, but if your water is soft and/or your home has a water softener, you may only need to do this a couple of times in the lifespan of your tankless water heater.
Ready to get started with a modern tankless water heater? Contact Lee’s Air to get started!